Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Illinois
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer for our Customer (CIM) Intelligence team. The team’s primary mission is to build data analytics product by centralizing and integrating high-quality, trusted corporate data in a performant and scalable cloud analytical platform.
You will be responsible for helping design and develop data pipelines and the data product. You will work with SMEs, architects, analysts, data scientists and others to build solutions that integrate, process and store data from many of our internal and external enterprise data sources.
This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, CIM, Product Engineering and can be based in either Lake Forest, IL or downtown Chicago.
- Enable analytics and reporting by centralizing and integrating high quality, large, complex data sets in a highly performant and scalable cloud analytical platform
- Work closely with architects to design data lake architecture, data pipelines, and data publication strategy
- Implement data pipelines to ingest, cleanse and enrich data for analytics
- Design and implement secure, performant data models to meet the scalability and performance needs of data product
- Work with data scientists to enable data discovery and its curation for analytical purposes
- Build frameworks, standards & product features to enable self-service analytics
- Partner with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Experience with Modern Data Engineering projects and practices: designing, building, and deploying scalable data pipelines
- 6 + years of experience in designing building deploying cloud native solutions
- 3 + years of experience with AWS, SQL, Python, Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD, Git, familiarity with: Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Databricks
- Experience working with architects to design data lake, data pipelines, and data product publication strategy Familiarity with: Data mesh architecture
- Developed data products/systems using large datasets to meet business and technical requirements
- Worked as a technical lead on the team
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related disciplines or equivalent work experience.
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.