Job Location: Remote
At Grant Street Group, we provide quality software and uncompromising support for tax collection, ePayments, and auctions to help government work better and deliver on its mission to provide reliable and efficient services.
Data-driven decision making is an increasingly important part of our company culture, and our Data Analytics team provides the tools to make it happen. As part of this team, developers are responsible for building high performance data solutions, monitoring and responding to our growing network of tools, and facing and overcoming complex technical challenges. We are looking for a data engineer who has a strong technical background and interest in ETL processes and data warehousing.
Some qualities we think would make you a good fit:
- You love a good challenge: You’re bored by a work environment where every day is the same and the steps are all laid out for you. You’d much prefer a variety of challenging work and ownership over the solution. You love getting to the root of the issue, whether it’s an application error or a client request.
- You develop with the end user’s needs in mind: You set up tools to maximize value and minimize headaches for the people who use them.
- You love working in a team: You will work in a small but mighty team in charge of the entire data and business intelligence lifecycle. You’ll collaborate with your team members as well as our product teams to create a great experience for our users.
Some technical experience we would like you to have–or be able to get up to speed with quickly:
- Strong SQL experience and knowledge of data modeling and ETL.
- Familiarity with an ETL tool, preferably Apache NiFi.
- Solid programming skills. Bonus points for knowledge of Python, Groovy, and/or Go.
- Comfort with the Linux command line and shell scripting.
This position is open to telecommuters. There is minimal travel: 2-4 weeks per year for on-site meetings in Pittsburgh. If you live (or want to) in Pittsburgh, you can work in our beautiful headquarters atop the Heinz building.
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, then maybe Grant Street is for you!