Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: New York, NY
Guidepoint Qsight identifies, gathers, acquires and delivers high-value data that offers clients unparalleled quantitative insight into company and sector performance. With over a decade of experience in collecting and analyzing primary data on hard-to-access markets, Guidepoint Qsight offers clients some of the most differentiated and powerful data available.
The Data Science Intern will help with the development of Guidepoint’s Qsight offerings including building new products from proprietary data and purchased data.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The Internship Program is a paid, full time, ten-week program. It provides formal hands-on training, a weekly learning series, social networking outings, and mentorship opportunities designed to cultivate a skillset that will be invaluable throughout your career. Guidepoint currently operates on a hybrid model, so you will get to experience our in-office culture throughout the week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with raw and complex data to find statistically significant signals
- Apply various modeling and analysis techniques to build top-line, company specific metric predictions that will consistently beat analyst consensus
- Research various sector and company controversies to help qualitatively inform and interpret models
- Analyze and understand the disparate sources of industry data
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, MatLab, SQL
- Conduct quantitative analytics and modeling projects in addition to developing new models, analytic processes and systems approaches
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, or related fields
- Graduating between December 2023 and June 2024, or have equivalent experience
- Relevant experience and strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, statistics, operations research, econometrics, natural language processing, and/ or information retrieval.
- A hunger for solving complex, difficult big data problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with team to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent verbal/written communication to non-technical audiences
- Experience with industry standard risk analytics and stress testing methods
- Excellent problem solver willing to work independently
- Strong focus on quality and on addressing client needs
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Culture based on growth and development
- Commitment to DEI initiatives
- Free snacks and beverages
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Casual work environment
- The internship is fully paid at $25.00 an hour
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.