Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Data Engineer I opening with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Data Engineer I for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Data Engineer is responsible for the design and development of data pipelines from source systems to data warehouses, optimizing the data processes needed to power a broad range of large-scale BI products. This position requires working with cross-functional teams to translate business needs into reporting structures that are easily consumed by various tools and applications, and a willingness to learn the subject-matter necessary to develop and implement supply chain data requirements. The Data Engineer is a seasoned professional in data structures, data warehousing, and BI who thrives on a team dedicated to developing and supporting products that promote clinical care excellence at HCA.
- Design ETL processes that integrate disparate data into a common data model for BI and other application services (gather requirements, design, develop, test, and debug).
- Implement required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources.
- Architect and optimize data solutions to power large-scale EDW applications.
- Understand and translate strategic business needs into a flexible and scalable data architecture.
- Design and develop data models combining data from multiple complex and disparate data sources into a homogenous format for reporting and application consumption.
- Develop and deploy Machine Learning models to enable predictive analytics and data services
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Master’s degree Preferred
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a data engineering role with subject matter expertise in data tooling and concepts
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services a plus preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Knowledge and application of SQL required, with preferred experience in MSSQL, Teradata and BigQuery
- Proficient with programming languages (Python, Java) with curiosity to learn more.
- Extensive expertise/experience in data analysis, modeling and visualization.
- Strong working knowledge of ETL processes and capabilities,
- Education or experience developing, training and evaluating Machine Learning models
- Familiarity with multiple business intelligence platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, BOBJ).
- Ability to think strategically about a problem across platforms.
- Enables efficient front-end and BI development.
- Expertise/experience in the areas of data structures and data warehousing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative ways.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed.
- Occasional Travel: The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers and/or boxes up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel between facilities may be required.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Data Engineer I opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.