Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
The Lead Business Analyst will be a strategic thought leader in influencing the roadmap of Home Depot’s Business Insights team. Collaborating extensively with business stakeholders, partner BI teams, and developers, the lead analyst will analyze/architect analytics enablement solutions that drive efficiencies and provide strategic value to the business. This role requires an individual with strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and ability to translate business needs to technical requirements. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects and priorities at the same time.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
25% – Perform advanced and complex analytics based upon the business needs by extracting the proper data from relevant Home Depot systems using SQL/Google Big Query
25% – Create new operational processes and improvements to ensure data collection and reporting accuracy, including documenting the new procedures
20% – Be an analytics champion that can promote the use of analytics throughout the organization; build strong relationships and establish processes that ensure data is always consistent and that data quality is the highest priority
15% – Mentor and provide expert guidance to more junior analysts
15% – Leverage data visualization and storytelling to influence and educate cross functional partners and leadership on the rich insights gleaned from analyzing enterprise item data
The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to the Manager
This position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to convey complex or technical ideas and processes in easy-to-understand terms to diverse audiences
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL/Google Big Query and report authoring tools
- Demonstrated business/financial modeling capabilities with tools such as Excel and Access
- Demonstrated skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; self-starter
- Prior experience as a data analyst/data scientist for at least 5 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Business Insights
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Mindset