Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Ridgeland, MS
The role of the Data Visualization Intern is to tell stories with data. The team member will be responsible for gaining an understanding of the data, preparing it for application development, and communicating the findings using data visualization tools in a manner that can be understood by a non-technical audience. The Data Visualization Intern collaborates with management and leadership as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Explore and structure datasets using SQL, Python, and other machine learning techniques
- Design and test data visualizations to tell the story of the data
- Develop working prototypes to showcase and validate your solution
- Present progress to stakeholders
- Creates an excellent client experience.
- Works with subject matter experts from our focus areas to understand business problems and requirements.
- Performs duties as needed in projects and as assigned by supervisors.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting firm.
- Learns through their Performance Advisor the elements of project management, including delegation and the ability to properly manage workload.
- Gain an understanding of how to communicate insights to a non-technical audience in an actionable way.
- Specific duties could include a variety of roles and is dependent on the internship type, these duties could include creating complex financial reports that can be fully automated using SQL/Python, use machine learning techniques to better understand these reports and provide actionable insights, learn about best practices and real world application of cutting edge technology, take a business problem and create a market-ready solution.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Work to be performed remotely.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Required Education And Experience
- Junior, Senior, or Master’s student actively pursuing a degree in an area where the firm serves clients (accounting, MIS, Computer Science, math, data analytics or related area)
- Proficiency with computer and spreadsheet software programs, or software appropriate to practice area
- General knowledge of internship area as appropriate
Work Authorization/security Clearance Requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free