Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Hartford, CT
Empower yourself! Start building your career with a national industry leader! Why intern at HSB?
At Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), a Munich Re company, you will learn what it is like to pursue a career at one of the world’s largest reinsurance companies.
HSB’s 12-week Summer Internship Program provides a well-rounded, engaging and enjoyable experience. Below are some of the key experiences and benefits you can expect.
- Gain hands on experience.
- Meet and gain insights from the Senior Leadership Team as well as other leaders and professionals in the organization to develop lasting professional relationships.
- Networking opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with interns across various departments through participation in a Team Capstone Project.
- Hybrid work schedule to include working on-site in the office and working from home.
- Participate in community outreach.
- Opportunity to gain career advice and help you prepare for navigating your career search.
- Learn about great careers within the insurance and the impact they make.
- Potential full-time career opportunities after graduation.
As a valued intern on the team, you will gain real life experience and perform meaningful work that will prepare you for the right start to your career!
You will work with HSB’s Data Science team on large scale machine learning projects supporting one of our major business areas (insurance, engineering or technology solutions).
- MS or PhD Student in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related applied science with a heavy quantitative emphasis. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization.
- Strong programming experience with Python/R/SQL, with the ability to write well-documented production-level code
- Practical knowledge & experience with statistical methods
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Basic software engineering skills (Git, API, Docker Container, DevOps best practices)
- Knowledge of insurance data models and pricing methods is a plus
- Experience with ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow or JAX is a plus
- Experience with Spark and distributed computing is a plus
- Experience with Azure cloud development is a plus
- Available to start the internship in May 2023 and work a hybrid schedule in the Hartford, CT Office.
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.