Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Austin, TX
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The SAP MDG Consultant is responsible for leading the successful design and delivery of SAP Data Management solutions for IBM Global Business Services. The data management and Analytics consultant will define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes. This position provides leadership and oversight of the Data Governance objectives and policies, procedures. You are expected to have:
- Hands-on experience leading data definitions development, data quality improvements, data model updates, and solving efforts of the analytics projects and collaborating with cross functional teams comprised of client groups, project teams and IT organizations.
- Hands-on experience Identifying, assessing and solving complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience collaborating data with owners and users/analysts across the customer operations to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes to improve and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
- Experience working closely with Data Architects to ensure changes are appropriately synchronized with the metadata strategy and logical data model.
- Experience leading technical aspects of the delivery of SAP Business Intelligence (BI) solutions & related components, working across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture for the organization.
- Experience working with SAP FI/CO, MM, SD or PM and Master Data, required.
- 3 years of experience in Master data management with expertise in implementing SAP Master Data Governance (MDG).
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components preferred.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $105,000 to $208,000 and is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience with at least one of the major Data Management Solutions for SAP Data Migration (IBM InfoSphere Information Server, SAP Business Objects Data Services, Informatica ETL and Data Quality Suite, Back Office Associates Data migration Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with SAP ERP implementations
- Strong consulting skills paired with strong technical skills, to convey the value of an MDM solution to the client (pros/cons, challenges, requirements needed, etc.)
- Strong understanding or hands-on experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications and workflow and processes
- Travel 75% required (M-Th)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience with at least one of the major Data Management Solutions for SAP Data Migration (IBM InfoSphere Information Server, SAP Business Objects Data Services, Informatica ETL and Data Quality Suite, Back Office Associates Data migration Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with SAP ERP implementations
- Experience designing and architecting MDM solutions
- Experience leading and mentoring Master Data Management (MDM) team members
- Experience implementing Data Governance Best Practices
- Ability to apply MDM concepts across technology platforms (sourcing and vending of Master Data)
- Master Data Domain experience in one or more of the following data domains (e.g. Product, Customer, Client, Provider, Vendor)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.