Job Location: Bangalore
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role & Responsibilities:
You are a Python Developer, who will be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in an IT solution.
- Writing effective and scalable Python codes
- Designing and implementing robust applications
- Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
- Integrating user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Designing and implementing – High availability and low latency applications, data protection and security features
- Testing and debugging software applications with Python test framework tools
- Working with Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Understanding, analyzing, and implementing – Business needs, feature modification requests, conversion into software components
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Good knowledge on Core python concepts like Iterators, Generators, Exception Handling, File handling etc.
- Knowledge to use Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy etc. for Data Science
- Able to produce insight from data, visualization of data, Data analysis and collection of data from various sources.
- Integration skills-should have the skill of integrating multiple databases and data sources into a single system.
- Good Designing, Analytical, Debugging and Unit Test Skills
- Automation skills- should be able to use python for various automations like report generation on a scheduled basis, file management (creating, deleting, renaming or any other file operations), email triggers, excel updating etc
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Relevant years of experience in applications development using Core Python fundamentals and programming.
- Front-end technologies like JS, CSS3 and HTML5
- Code versioning tools like Git, SVN, etc
- Ability to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and balanced algorithmic design
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise in developing models and scalable Microservices components
- Worked on building integration flows on various Application Programming Interface (API) development platforms
- Data analytical, thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Robust testing and debugging capabilities for tools like Selenium etc.
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.