Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: McLean, VA
The Data Engineer will manipulate data and data flows for both existing and new systems.
Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems.
As a member of the team, candidates will work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
Research, design, develop and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or application software. Develop complex data flows, or makes significant enhancements to existing pipelines.
Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation.
Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for the ETL process.
Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years of related software engineering and ETL experience Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team focused, willing to develop and implement solutions in a dispersed team environment
- Candidate must have at least 2 of the desired skills below
- Experience with the following languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, XML, XQuery, XPath, Ruby on Rails, HTML/XHTML, CSS, Python, Shell Scripting, JSON
Knowledge of servers operating systems; Windows, Linux, Distributed Computing, Blade Centers, and cloud infrastructure
- Experience building and maintain data flows in NiFi or Pentaho.
- Ability to write technical documentation for security (ATO), architecture, and implementation guides Ability to comprehend database methodologies (strong SQL query and/or Elasticsearch experience)
- Data analytics skills, to include detailed data analysis and metric generation
- Experience with data visualization and data validation routines
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free