Job Location: Bangalore
We are looking for Data Scientists and Senior Data Scientists to join us in developing new revolutionizing ways for IKEA to build products that support strategic decision making and performance management. We are using cutting edge methodologies within cross-functional teams to keep IKEA leading in an exciting and fast-moving environment.
Our diverse and global team within Data & Analytics is growing even more and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
- Strong knowledge about and practical experience with machine learning models, especially in a commercial setting
- It’s a plus if you have experience in applying techniques like time series analysis, numerical optimisation, operations research, causal inference, Bayesian modelling, system dynamics, differentiable programming
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional digital product development principles and the importance of rapid validated learning cycles to optimise performance long term
- Broad knowledge of collaborative software engineering practices (Git, Agile, DevOps)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python for data processing and analytics
- A team player who takes ownership, builds cross-functional relationships with senior peers and loves sharing knowledge with more junior team members
- A curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning
- Strong communication skills to share your findings and approaches with technical and business stakeholders
- An educational background in engineering, computer science, statistics, econometrics, or a related field
- Atleast 5 years of work experience for a Senior role.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
You’ll lead the transformation of IKEA into a more data-driven company by ensuring that data and insights are widely used in product teams in Group Digital to reinforce, alter, or largely impact decisions on business and product strategy.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist you will work closely together with Data Engineers, Data Analysts and others, in a product team to drive the development of data science products within the Business Support domain. You will perform predictive and prescriptive modelling and develop and deploy artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to reinvent and grow the IKEA business in a fast-changing digital world. We would like your expertise to help us answer business questions like:
- Where should we open the next IKEA store to become more accessible to the many people?
- What will the IKEA store of tomorrow look like?
- How do we stay profitable while changing store formats and distribution methods?
- How can we build and use forecasting models to help steer our business?
- How do we get the most out of our commercial activities?
- How can we use data and analytics to enhance cost-consciousness in all our markets?
- How can we optimally distribute budget into our operations and developments?
- How should we price our services to help us reach our financial goals?
- How can we help top management with advanced analytics to steer the enterprise for optimal value creation?
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
We’re the ones who make it possible for people to have a smarter life at home and a hassle-free and rewarding shopping experience. Together we work to find new digital solutions for every business need to help make IKEA a great and efficient place to work. We like to think of ourselves as innovative and modern, and we believe that nothing would actually work without us.