Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
FAMILIES, SCHOOLS & NEIGHBORHO (IN-FSNE-IUINA)
The IUPUI Office of Community Engagement (OCE) Family School and Neighborhood (FSNE), is the IU Student Success Corps (IU SSC) program management unit responsible for tutoring and mentoring, college and career readiness for K-12 student in Marion County and statewide. The IU SSC Student Recovery Grant is funded by the Indiana Department of Education and is managed by the staff of OCE/ FSNE.
- Ensures that the department’s database structure meets the user’s requirements, improves data analysis collection, and reporting.
- Develops indicators of performance.
- Evaluates alternatives to adopt a proprietary database system.
- Provides analysis of existing data and data structures and satisfies ad-hoc reporting/analysis requests.
- Creates reporting specifications for new reports/dashboards/analytical tools and assists in testing/validation; ensures integrity, accessibility, and accuracy of reports/dashboards and data structures; reviews and approves user requests for access to reporting data and tools.
- Consults with staff to identify new business reporting needs and provides guidance and interpretation of complex environments and data.
- Documents data analysis efforts (data sources, reporting specifications, tools, issue/problem resolutions).
- Researches and stays up-to-date on emerging technologies and data analysis tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in computer science, information science, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- High proficiency in the use of SQL
- Intermediate data analysis skills
- Experience with the use of analysis software (R, Phyton, SPSS, SAS, Excel, or any other package)
- Experience with the use of dashboard tools
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This position is grant funded with expected annual renewals. Renewals are contingent on the availability of grant funds.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Data Analysis & Engineering
Click here to learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [email protected] or by visiting IUPD.