Job Location: Hyderabad/Secunderabad
Research Analyst for Invesco Indexing has responsibilities in both index research and index management. He or she will work in a team environment to prepare and review systematically constructed indexes in various geographic regions and asset classes including equity, fixed income, and alternatives. Research analyst will have opportunities to work as part of a small team conducting research on factor-based forecasting models that are used in the construction of the indexes and to help develop ideas for new indexes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rebalance, monitor, and maintain indexes
- Load and examine raw financial data. Investigate and correct issues related to data integrity
- Review quantitative model input and output for completeness and accuracy
- Assist in researching, building and back-testing return forecasting factors and multivariate factor models across various asset classes
- Assist in researching issues related to the factors, models, and index construction
- Assist client service team in responding to client and consultant inquiries
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficient in financial applications for data analysis and performance attribution; FactSet, Barra/Axioma, and Bloomberg preferable
- Ability to program. R / Python/ MATLAB are preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. VBA experience is preferable.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for investments
- High level of integrity and humility with a team-first attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision
- Detail oriented and intellectually curious
- Independent thinker
- Enthusiastic worker willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum three years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Management etc.