Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Laurel, MD
Are you eager to apply your machine learning knowledge to new fields which are ripe for innovation?
If so, we ‘re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We ‘re seeking an established ML engineer to bring sophisticated, novel solutions to the rapidly growing field of cross-domain battle management. We need someone with your skills to lead the way in incorporating machine learning into our exciting and important projects. We work on a variety of tasks, so we want someone who is adaptable and has a wide range of interests.
As a Machine Learning Engineer…
- Own the development of novel ML architectures, including research, design, implementation, and assessment.
- Advise others on effective ML solutions for their projects.
- Work with various data formats, and in various languages (including Python and MATLAB), for algorithm training and testing, and perform any data cleaning, normalization, or manipulation as needed.
- Build effective performance metrics and visualizations that communicate the capabilities and limitations of an implementation to an audience with varying levels of experience in ML.
- Learn about new ML architectures from published research or other sources and evaluate them for application to our projects.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Hold a Bachelor ‘s Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Have at least 10 years of machine learning/artificial intelligence development experience. Must include experience using Tensorflow, PyTorch, or similar machine learning frameworks. Must include extensive knowledge about various ML architectures, including deep learning and reinforcement learning.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You ‘ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Hold a Master ‘s degree or PhD in Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Have at least five years of ML experience, including building successful ML architectures.
- Have demonstrated successful leadership of a small team.
- Have experience with programming in MATLAB, Java, and/or C++ in addition to Python.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact [email protected]. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.