Job Location: New York, NY
QA Engineer – New York, NY
Humanizing Digital Experiences®
Kasisto’s Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industry’s most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent digital assistants to their customers. KAI is open and extensible, and also fluent in the language of banking and finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks and wealth management, financial institutions can deliver meaningful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, all the time, across multiple channels, in different languages, and is optimized for performance, scalability, security, and compliance.
We are actively seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to be responsible for testing customer facing products and solutions. You will be quick to identify high impact areas to focus testing efforts and help build out test automation wherever possible.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for creating test plans, test cases, test procedure specifications and test data for each iteration. Creation of automated test cases but also manual ones as may be needed
- Executing automated and manual quality testing to perform black box regression, performance testing, and smoke / exploratory testing methods to ensure product’s behavioral stability after build releases
- Gathering new feature and change requirements from Product Owners in order to create test plans and cases
- Participating in necessary meetings with the delivery team such as standup meetings, retrospectives and QA team meetings
- Opening and managing defects in a centralized ticketing platform to help fast track support for addressing product issues in a timely fashion
What you need in this position
We are seeking a QA Engineer with a developer’s mindset and experience in software testing to be responsible for automated API testing using our internal custom Python test framework.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance
- 1 – 3 years of experience with Python development
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with automated RESTful API testing
- API Test cases creation based on requirements
- Understanding of software development, including the use of Git, SQL, HTML, CSS as well as defect ticketing systems
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must
- Strong attention to detail, a passion for troubleshooting and finding bugs to improve software products, and a commitment to releasing the highest quality software
- Strong sense of task ownership
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / engineering or a related field
Nice to Have:
- Unit testing (ideally in the JUnit framework) is a plus
- Experience using Jira
- Experience or interest in AI systems and/or machine learning is a big plus
Location – New York City, Flatiron District or Remote
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.