Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Remote
La Jolla Logic is looking for a Jr. System Administrator/Vulnerability Analyst to support an exciting effort with the USDA Forest Service. This program provides cybersecurity engineering services to optimize information system security risks by conducting vulnerability analysis, scanning, and risk mitigation for the Forest Service. This is a 5-year contract that is contingent upon award expected in Feb of 2023.
The pay range for this remote opportunity is $45,000 – $56,000 per year. This is fixed range.
- Schedule and monitor weekly enterprise-wide internal and external vulnerability scanning to include FedRAMP certified Cloud service providers utilizing tools (ex: Tenable/Nesses, Tenable.IO Web application scanner, and Tanium).
- Monitor scans for any failures.
- Investigate and resolve any full or partial scan failures, including those that may be caused the scanners themselves, network issues, or authentication issues, through coordination with administrators, ISSOs, and other SMEs as needed.
- Provide operation and management functions of vulnerability scanners to include OS and scanning software patching, secure configuration management, lifecycle management, and troubleshooting.
- Recommend scanner architecture changes to support changes in vulnerability scanning requirements.
- Coordinate with administrators, Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), and other SMEs to deploy scanning services to meet security scanning requirements as any new environments are stood up.
- Perform ad hoc scanning as needed.
- Perform investigations of reported false positives and false negatives, including opening support cases with the scanner vendors to support and resolve such issues.
- Prepare monthly reports of analysis of security configuration management following the common vulnerability reporting framework.
- US Citizenship is required
- Public Trust Security Clearance (minimum)
- 1-3 years of system administrator or system security testing experience
- IAT I certification
- Associate degree in a related field
- Tenable/Nessus skills preferred
La Jolla Logic is an advanced technology and information system security solution firm headquartered in Southern California. Our professional staff has technical, programmatic and executive leadership experience spanning nearly 20 years supporting the US Department of Defense (DoD), academic institutions and the commercial sector. We are a Woman-Owned Small Business with a reputation for performance to the highest standard with a mission to pioneer innovative, high-quality specialty technology and engineering services.
As a provider of world-class service, quality work products, and with a focus on a customer-centered cooperative work approach, our staff specializes in technologies and services such as secure enterprise architectures, risk assessment and management, technical proposal and concept development services, machine learning technology, and compliance services (such as NIST 800-171 and CMMC).
We are a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and recipient of numerous awards, to include:
- San Diego Business Journal (SDBJ) 2021 Women of Influence in Technology 2021
- SDBJ 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies 2020
- Union Tribune San Diego’s Top Workplaces 2021
- Best Places to Work (6 Years in a Row) 2016-2022
- Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies 2020-2022
LJL has a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K Matching
- Educational Reimbursement
- Extensive PTO for Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
La Jolla Logic is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. La Jolla Logic makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.