Job Location: Aguadilla, PR
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:The Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control (MFC) Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) is seeking a high energy team member, with working knowledge in the data governance arena, to join our team of data professionals to help achieve our data strategy goals. In this role, you will participate in and support ongoing adoption and growth of data governance. You will assist with the development and implementation of policies, processes, and procedures for data quality, integrity, and interoperability; and may work with others across the enterprise to implement and support data governance projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure data assets and metadata are properly cataloged, approved, and maintained in alignment with the Metadata Standard
- Collect, process, and analyze data to support data governance initiatives
- Adopt and share Data Strategy and Data Governance principles
- Assist to define and monitor metrics to track business performance improvements through Data Stewardship activities
- Assist to implement, support, and monitor adherence to data policies, standards, and data-related decisions.
- Develop a multidimensional partnership with Technical Data Stewards, Legal, Information Security, Human Resources, and Information Technology to catalog, approve metadata, implement data security controls and data quality solutions.
The work location is the Lockheed Martin facility in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Full-time telecommuters will be considered for this position. The candidate must reside in Puerto Rico and have the ability to access the Aguadilla facility as needed.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Demonstrate experience with data governance or data management
- Demonstrated data analysis experience
- Demonstrated experiences with databases
- Proficient oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with functional areas such as Supply Chain Management, Production Operations, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with metadata management and data catalog software (Collibra, Alation, etc.)
- Experience with software integration tools (service bus, APIs, etc.)
- Experience working on an Agile team and with Agile tools (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Strong desire to learn and continuously grow impact of the role
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented and a highly collaborative team member
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.