Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
Contract Type : Permanent
Start Date Place : As soon as possible
Department : Global Data Science
LDC is looking for a Geospatial Data Scientist to join our growing Global Data Science team, supporting innovative solutions whose impact can transform our business.
As Geospatial Data Scientist, you will be responsible in working on Crop Conditions modelling, closely with Agronomists, Researchers, Traders, and other Data Scientists. Your main task will be to design models based on weather and satellite imagery data. You will ensure that your code is effective, scalable, and fit in our existing Python APIs. You will have the opportunity to work with various commodities (e.g., Grains, Sugar, Cotton).
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong experience in Python, know about cutting-edge Machine Learning algorithms, and work well in a team composed of developers and data scientists. Finally, yet importantly, an interest in Data Science and Commodity Trading will make you grow and become a top performer.
- Leverage academic/professional experience to design crop monitoring models with remotely sensed data
- Write scalable and efficient Python packages
- Transfer model outputs into trading-relevant assessments of crop conditions
- Present results to various stakeholders
- MSc or PhD in computer science, remote sensing, statistics, econometrics, data science or similar
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (2 for PhDs)
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with Google Earth Engine
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in English