Job Location: Bangalore
The primary purpose of this role is to perform mathematical and statistical analysis or model building as appropriate. This includes following analytical best practices, analyzing and reporting accurate results, and identifying meaningful insights that directly support decision making. This role provides assistance in supporting one functional area of the business in partnership with other team members.
At times, this role may work directly with the business function, but the majority of time is spent working with internal team members to identify and understand business needs.
With a focus specifically on Digital Analytics Implementation, this role assists with providing data capture capabilities to support digital analytics initiatives. This role helps translate business needs to effective digital analytics tagging specifications that provide metrics for analytic solutions across various digital channels. These tagging specifications ensure that data can be translated to tangible results for Lowe’s and Lowe’s Digital.
To be successful, the individual in this role must have technical expertise in programs such as SQL or Python, know how to query data, and have the ability to use operational and customer analytical data, merge data sets from different systems, summarize and visualize findings using visualization tools (e.g., MicroStrategy VI) to provide actionable insights to business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field) AND 1 year of related experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field
- Experience using basic analytical tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, Adobe, Alteryx, Knime, Aster
- Experience using visualization tools such as MicroStrategy VI, Power BI, Tableau
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or related area
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Adobe, TM1, Alteryx, Knime, SSIS, SQL, Svr) and Enterprise level databases (Hadoop, GCP, Azure, Oracle, Teradata, DB2)
- Experience working with big, unstructured data in a retail environment
- Experience with analytical tools like Python, Alteryx, Knime, SAS, R, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools like MicroStrategy VI, Power BI, SAS-VA, Tableau, D3, R-Shiny
- Programming experience using tools such as R, Python
- Data Science experience using tools such as ML, Text mining
- Knowledge of SQL
- Project management experience
- Experience in home improvement retail
Digital Analytics Implementation
- 1 year of experience in digital analytics implementation using enterprise grade tools such as Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM), Google Tag Manager (GTM), Tealium, Ensighten, etc. (specific to the Digital Analytics Implementation role)
Lowe’s Technology organization believes that in-person collaboration is highly effective and helps build relationships and strengthens our culture. As such, we are leveraging an Open Office approach in how we work, meaning our tech associates will leverage time in the office to focus on highly collaborative activities as well as some remote / work from home time for autonomous endeavors. Each role has different business-driven collaboration needs that will require in-office presence.