Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: San Jose, CA
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
As a member of our team, you could be involved with any or all of the following:
- Delivering critical operations, engineering and quality metrics & tools that provide global visibility to supply chain performance, factory efficiency, product performance at customers and service level to customer commitments all of which are directly tied to Lumentum employee rewards
- Creating innovative, impactful and arresting data visualizations and tools that enable users to quickly, efficiently arrive at meaningful insights from data
- Developing complex data preparation logic to cleanse and transform raw data into standardized form that supports today’s analysis needs but is ready to be scaled to meet future needs
- Working with engineers to understand product requirements and then mine through unknown databases to locate critical data for advanced analysis such as statistical prediction models
- Working with Lumentum IT and/or non-IT database owners to establish automated data pipelines that quickly and efficiently extract & transform from multiple sources to create new, rich data sets that enables insight into previously impossible analysis problems
- Developing internal monitoring, alerting and control systems to manage and optimize performance and reliability of numerous data processes that refresh many times a day and serve hundreds of distinct users and tens of thousands of user views every week
- Driving a culture of high data IQ by teaching and training users on techniques of data analysis and interpretation.
- Develop analytic data systems and tools using innovative methods and data automation to deliver data insights to users ranging from executive managers to engineers to factory floor personnel, enabling faster and better informed decision and actions
- Explore, understand and assimilate new data sets from wide variety of sources & systems to support ad hoc statistical analysis, integration into automated data analysis/reporting systems and development of predictive modeling and anomaly detection systems
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers – ability to dissect complex analytical models and create understanding with wide array of stakeholders; from customers to design teams
- Build systemic quality measurement processes to drive efficiency and high quality throughout product’s lifecycle – from R&D/development to manufacturing to performance at the customer site
- Automate and create data visualizations that help the business answer questions
- Work with IT, Engineering and 3rd party companies to define data standards, databases and processes to improve accessibility of data for analytic purposes and enabling creation of a standardized, sustainable and scalable data framework
- Research and develop statistical learning models and algorithms
- Use Kaizen/Six Sigma methods to analyze and improve data and business processes
- Use Project Management principles to lead and drive projects and programs to support cross functional process improvement initiatives
- Qualified candidates will be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related majors.
- Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Master’s degree
- Data-oriented personality – passion for using numbers, data and algorithms to analyze situations and explain the world around us
- Competency in Data Processing, Cleansing, and Validation to ensure integrity of data used for analysis
- Demonstrated success with performing ad-hoc data analysis, using results to reach conclusions and communicating results in a clear manner (written, visual and in person)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, highly preferred especially Tableau Desktop, Tableau Online, Tableau Bridge & Tableau Prep Builder
- Programming experience: C / C++, Python, R, Perl preferred
- Scripting skills: Bash, tcsh preferred
- Experience with databases and database extracts and proficiency in using query languages (knowledge of SQL)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. Experience with JMP desirable
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills and comfort interacting with wide range of people from different technical disciplines, cultures/languages and in different geographies & timezones
- Familiarity with supply chain operations, manufacturing processes and experience with Quality data and metrics
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications especially Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint and PowerAutomate/ PowerApp
- Familiarity with Atlassian applications especially Jira and Confluence