Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Junior Data Analyst/SAS Programmer to join our team working in Silver Spring, MD.
Job Title: Junior Data Analyst/SAS Programmer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
ManTech is a multi-billion-dollar public company that provides the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our government needs for success in health, science, defense, intelligence, law enforcement, and other fields. ManTech is seeking a junior data analyst/SAS programmer to support our epidemiological research and operational policy support program focused on improving warfighter readiness, optimizing recruitment and retention, and informing medical policies. The position entails collaborating with a diverse team of epidemiologists, statisticians, physicians, data analysts, and military personnel to deliver knowledge products to multiple Department of Defense (DoD) stakeholders. This position is located at the Walter Reed Army of Research (WRAIR), Silver Spring, MD.
- Import, clean, transform, validate and analyze data in SAS with the purpose of understanding and drawing conclusions from data in support of data-to-decision knowledge products
- Test data to identify data integrity issues, troubleshoot problems and coordinating with team to plan solutions
- Participate in data-related projects, including, but not limited to, data standardization and normalization, maintenance, quality assurance, and visualization
- Generate and maintain data documentation to include data dictionaries, metadata, and standard operating procedures
- Review both internal and external documentation to understand raw and analytic datasets as well as data flow to help make meaningful decisions of data
- Integrate data from multiple sources and apply complex rules to create analytic data sets for epidemiologists, scientists, physicians, and other stakeholders
- Perform descriptive statistical analyses and input analytic results into knowledge products, including but not limited to, data visualizations, dashboards, and annual reports
- B.S. in computer science, biostatistics, information systems, or other applicable degree with 2+ years of experience in clinical operations, quality improvement, or public health domain. 2+ additional years of experience can substitute for a degree.
- Broad experience using SAS, MS Excel and SQL for data ingestion, transformation, analysis, and visualization – designing and building analytic datasets primarily using SAS.
- Expertise in data documentation ability, including creation/modification of data dictionaries, handling versioning and quality control of conflicting datasets.
- Ability and drive to adhere to detailed coding and documentation standards
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and decision-making skills and can identify and solve issues independently – investigate and understand data issues and actively participate in course correction.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills needed to keep research team informed of progress, changes in status of work, and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and independent, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Professional AWS training (EC2 servers, cloud storage solutions, etc.).
- Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Experience with Medical Logistics (especially DMLSS and/or LogiCole)
- Experience working with Defense Health Agency (DHA) customer
- Experience in DevSecOps practices
- Clinical operations exposure is valuable – including exposure to datasets from EHR/EMR systems and understanding and application of public health, epidemiology, and research principles.
- Prior service or thorough understanding of the U.S. military, particularly experience with military health systems, data, or healthcare policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICD 9/10 codes.
- Experience with feeding business analytics tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Sisense, etc.
The team is temporarily working remotely due to construction at WRAIR, and will likely return to on-site work at WRAIR, Silver Spring, Maryland. Candidates within reasonable commute range or those willing to relocate are strongly preferred.
Security Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to deliver clear and effective communication both verbally and non-verbally to deliver updates; briefings; or interface with co-workers; leadership as well as customer.
- Must be able to work in an office environment and be able to freely move within this space to utilize office equipment as well as interface with co-workers and customer.
- Must be able to effectively use IT peripherals such as laptop, desktop, printer, fax machine, etc.
- Must be able to deliver presentations as needed.
- Must be able to review; decipher and understand program manuals; IT service requests; work orders; etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech’s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer – minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech’s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click ca[email protected] and provide your name and contact information.