Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Boston, MA
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will report directly to the Liquidity Risk Oversight Director. The position is responsible for supporting both the Liquidity Risk Management Program (“LRMP”) and the Derivatives Risk Management Program (“DRMP”). This includes monitoring and maintenance of the liquidity and derivatives management assumptions, daily results, and continuous improvement of data quality. The position is also responsible for conducting data analysis, the development and design of business intelligence reporting solutions focused on evaluating and identifying risk issues for the LRMP and DRMP as well as our internal business partners.
- On a daily basis monitor and review both the liquidity/derivatives risk reports and metrics and when applicable, identify, research, and resolve or escalate any exceedances or outliers.
- Spearhead the design and develop LRMP/DRMP business intelligence reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, alerts, and notifications) as well as their accompanying technology requirements.
- As part of the Liquidity and Derivatives Program Oversight team, work with internal business partners to identify and investigate daily/monthly data reconciliation exceptions to determine root cause and to develop an appropriate course of action to resolve or escalate (when necessary) in a timely manner.
- Lead the continuous improvement effort for LRMP/DRMP data quality and automated internal reporting through detailed review and analysis of trends and findings.
- Assist in coordinating any internal audit and regulatory exams; lead issue self-identification efforts and promote a culture of risk excellence.
- The person hired will be expected to work seamlessly both within the Liquidity and Derivatives Program Oversight department as well as part of a cross-departmental group responsible for these programs including IT, Global Product Investment Risk, Manager Oversight, Data Management, and the Chief Compliance Office as well as our external Sub Advisors to identify and resolve data issues on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
This job description does not represent a comprehensive listing of job duties that are required of the employee performing this role.We reserve the right to change duties or assign additional duties at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- CFA designation or work toward attaining CFA is preferred
- Excellent technical, analytical & problem-solving skills required to identify issues in large data sets and determine solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Requires a deep understanding of the financial instruments employed in JHI’s investment products and the liquidity and derivatives risks inherent in them.
- Experience with SQL queries, Microsoft Access, and developing interactive dashboards and reports using visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mutual Funds, Investments, systems architectures, and data analysis required
- Ability to work independently and set priorities with only high-level direction
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage daily tasks and deadlines
- Provide feedback and collaborate on ideas across all interactions to make the liquidity classifications and reporting processes more efficient
- Represent LRMP and DRMP (as required) in IT SCRUMs to ensure development is in-line with agreed upon business specifications and timelines
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
EEO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency