Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: New York, NY
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns will work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 23, 2022, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Internship Program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
The Medidata Launch internship program is a 12-week summer session for rising seniors and graduate students who will engage in relevant projects and assignments that will have a direct impact on their team and the company as a whole. This position sits within the Acorn AI team which leverages industry-leading data assets and analytical models to transform the clinical development industry, driving clinical and operational success for our clients and partners. We provide pioneering data and analytics products to most of the $100B pharmaceutical development industry. As a summer intern, you will be a part of a dynamic team of data scientists, statisticians, computer scientists, implementation designers, and engineers who collaboratively build new data science solutions that bring an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting analyses of clinical patient and operational data
- Designing and developing visualization tools for analysis results
- Evaluating and implementing algorithms for data analysis
- Creating, documenting, and maintaining code
- Using an issue tracker to manage tasks and track feature requests and bugs
- Presenting analysis results and demoing code to internal teams
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Proficiency using Python (with Pandas) and R for data science
- Basic ability to use SQL to query datasets from databases
- Ability to independently apply statistical analysis techniques and think creatively to convey analysis results through visualizations
- Being an effective and proactive communicator, capable of documenting technical and scientific work
Your Education & Experience:
- Strong performance in a BS or MS program in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Familiarity with data science techniques and the theory behind them
- Experience with statistical analysis and visualization.
- Rising or graduating senior