Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
Why we’re awesome
At Metia we create amazing experiences, ignite conversation, activate communities, inform customers, and influence decision makers. We achieve these goals for our clients through a unique mix of marketing consulting, design, and development expertise. Our marketing services include web design and development, content strategy, mobile application development, social media programs and analyst and public relations, throughout our offices in London, Singapore, Austin, and Seattle.
Metia has strategic services designed to support our clients in the areas of Insight, Content, and Demand. These services are based upon deep expertise, proven methodologies, and are enabled by unique tools and systems.
Our team has a singular focus: to design and deliver the best marketing solutions in the world, and to do that, we want to hire the best people in the business.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, creative, and rewarding environment, Metia is the place for you!
Metia’s Bellevue office is looking for a Data Science & Engineering Intern to join our Decision Science team. We work with leaders in a range of industries on a wide variety of digital projects which span from email to customer evidence programs to web design and development.
The Data Science & Engineering Intern is a paid position requiring a six-month, up to 40 hour/week commitment. There is potential opportunity to convert to a full-time role upon successful completion of the internship.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about defining and executing the end-to-end process for delivering business value using a variety of data mining and analysis methods. Specifically, this role has a focus on delivering business value using text analytics approaches.
The Data Science and Engineering Intern will execute a range of responsibilities, including identifying ways to obtain data from marketing systems and public data sets, designing and managing pipeline architecture and API codebase, building and implementing statistical models, and designing reporting solutions.
What you will do:
- Working with account stakeholders and subject matter experts in Insights, Content and Demand Generation to identify opportunities for leveraging data to improve client outcomes.
- Mining and analyzing both structured and unstructured data from a variety of first- and third-party data sets to develop insights that positively impact clients’ marketing activities.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing codebases in Python for existing proprietary algorithms.
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to enhance existing analytics solutions.
- Designing and implementing net new reporting processes to monitor and optimize omnichannel campaigns and product interactions.
- Designing and enhancing dashboards and visualizations, and the underlying data architecture.
- Maintaining existing SQL-based reporting infrastructures, facilitating ETL processes, troubleshooting issues, applying updates, and identifying process improvements.
What You Will Need To Qualify
- A four-year college degree is required; A major, concentration and/or coursework in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, and/or Data Science is preferred. A two-year degree plus additional coursework and/or work experience may substitute.
- Must currently be located within two hours of Bellevue, Washington
- Must be able to commit to a six-month, up to 40 hour/week paid internship starting early 2023
Why you’re awesome
- You have experience extracting and surfacing value from unstructured data.
- You have knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques using real-world data: Regression analysis, Neural networks, cluster analysis, lookalike modeling, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- You have a strong eye for detail and a passion for quickly delivering results.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- You are comfortable working in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- You are proficient with Python and SQL or R.
Extra points if you have:
- Experience with Power BI and DAX.
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining codebase.
- Experience with both visualizing and presenting data to business and technical stakeholders.
- Experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence and/or Database Analysis tools.
Life at Metia
Metia has a down-to-earth and professional approach to marketing and technology that is aligned to a results-oriented work ethic. Our objective is to create and maintain a working atmosphere that is challenging, rewarding, and fun.
Initiative is encouraged and rewarded, and there are no constraints to personal achievement. We remain committed to developing and extending our service offerings and training our staff in anticipation of future industry developments. If you relish change, enjoy new challenges, and seek to excel at your profession, this is the environment for you.