Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Gurugram, Haryana, The Great Bharat
Why this role?
Milliman works to provide consulting services to those who need help understanding the risk and the lay of the land. They can’t do that without data. Perfect data and objectivity are the holy grail of consulting sciences and cloud technology allows for data to be always available and rigorously tested. The DevOps Engineer works hand in hand with the Cloud Solutions Architect and Infrastructure team to partner with the individual business units to understand problems they are trying to solve, recommend solutions that match their needs, and make sure that this fits in line with the overall vision of Milliman as a whole. The sense of personal ownership afforded by Milliman to solve problems is something not found in businesses this size. The DevOps engineer will find themselves close to the action and working directly with business leaders and developers to see a project through to completion.
Applicants for this position will need to show relevant enterprise cloud experience in Azure/AWS or have a current Azure/AWS certification. The DevOps engineer will operate in a Cloud Implementer roll working with business owners, systems administrators, and developers to help realize their business idea in Azure/AWS with overall direction from the Cloud Solutions Architect and Infrastructure.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Build and maintain configuration and deployment frameworks
- Deliver rapid prototyping in Azure or AWS
- Streamline and enhance prototypes using accepted best practices
- Monitor and remediate security issues
- Work with multiple business units to build IaaS and PaaS services in Azure
- Disseminate and model best practices for cloud implementation across Milliman
- Ensure consistency throughout Milliman’s Cloud implementation
- Limited Admin first responder role of internal core services that rely on Cloud services
- Up to 25% travel to Milliman offices around the United States and the world to help with implementation
- Minimum 3 years of cloud implementation experience across various platforms
- Current certification in Azure or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a language like Python, PowerShell, .Net and other platforms
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Able to clearly express technical concepts (verbal & written) to audiences with varying technical understanding (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
- Experience in Enterprise cloud monitoring
- Exemplary troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in cloud security implementation and best practices
- Rapid Prototyping experience