Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Hyderabad/Secunderabad
Our client is one of the largest Malaysian Banks and is looking for an experienced EDW (Datawarehouse Analyst) who will be responsible for translating business requirement into technical mapping documentation. The successful candidate will have significant experience in working with business teams to create technical mapping documents and functional specification documents. Understanding of Data warehousing concepts and financial logical data models is essential
Job Purpose Summary:
- To work with various Business to understand their need and requirements.
- To have the ability to understand the data in EDW/Data Lake, and to provide recommendation to business by providing/selling various use cases or model to the business to resolve their requests/issues.
- To provide communication, coaching and training to business users related to data and information.
- To manage & coordinate the overall development, SIT, UAT & Implementation efforts of EDW projects to ensure business & technical requirements are met within project timelines.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with Various Business and IT stakeholders to gather and analyse their requirements and prepare detailed functional specifications and Data mapping documents
- Competent ability with SQL, R , Python – able to write scripts and queries to analyse data
- Work with ETL or BI team as to ensure the delivery of the systems as per specification
- Ability to analyse the data and to produce various use cases or models to business
- Ability to recommend and to sell the new innovated use cases and model to business and to implement the use cases/model
- To perform testing and to manage UAT defects raise by businesses. Manage UAT issues diligently ensuring that all reported cases are resolve promptly with minimize impact on the project timeline.
- To perform Root Cause Analysis on the defects raise by business
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Gathering of Requirements from various source systems and business users.
- Communicating with the business users to understand business requirements clearly.
- Conducting meetings with the source system IT SME to understand the source system elements.
- Provided support to other developers in accurately mapping source attributes into the Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model (FSLDM) and in interpreting business requirements.
- Worked closely with the Data Modeler in enhancing the FSLDM Development of scripts for loading the data into the base tables in EDW.
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Previous experience in creating Source to Target Mapping Data documentation.
- Develop an understanding of data models of various source systems and their relationships Experienced in writing Design Documents, System Administration Documents, Test Plans & Test Scenarios/Test Cases and documentation of test results.
- Interacting with Users, Documenting business requirements, Performing Data Analysis, Data Profiling and Developing Design Specifications.
Must have a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical fields.
Significant data warehousing experience preferably with Teradata
Minimum 5 years work experience in an IT data analyst
Previous financial services, banking or insurance background preferred