Job Location: Mumbai( Sector 30A Vashi )
Title: Associate Data Quality Assurance Analyst
Shift : General
How to Apply : Application Link (mandatory)
Candidates need to visit the below link and submit their application failing which the application wont be considered :
• Must fit company core values and is a team player.
• Must have strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of Equity data, Financial Reporting and sound knowledge on Morningstar Data Points/Universes. Knowledge on quality dimensions, QA/data processes, Lean Six Sigma, RCA is a plus
• Having experience in leading a project or Quality improvement initiative is a plus
• Fast learning and flexibility to adapt new things and work with multiple tasks
• Ability to collaborate with the global team and deliver quality outcomes under tight deadlines.
• Excellent analytic skills and a strong attention to detail
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook will be a plus
• Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally
• Effective cross-team communication and is a good coordinator
Eligible candidate will receive an email with the online test link and instructions. The candidate would be required to attempt the test as per the date and time mentioned in the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the recruitment team.
Job Location: Vashi, Navi Mumbai
Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investments offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors interests is the foundation of our company.
The team seeks a self-motivated, analytical Associate Data Quality Assurance Analyst to help develop and implement data quality projects to maintain and improve the quality of Morningstar databases. This role will work closely with Global Equity Data Operations team (located in Shenzhen and Mumbai) to provide measurement of data timeliness, completeness and accuracy, through executing the audit and benchmarking projects and participating in quality improvement projects.
• Perform Just-in-time and scheduled independent audit of Morningstar Equity databases which include Fundamental, Operating Metrics, Segments, Corporate Actions, Price, etc. and others on global scale; complete the expected samples assigned for different audit projects and commit to the deadline. Members must demonstrate high accounting and financial knowledge to efficiently perform the audit tasks.
• Identify and analyze data quality issue and defect reasons during the audit process. Communicate with operations team efficiently to get alignment on the errors detected. Participate and drive quality improvement processes.
• Lead an equity data audit sprint from initiating, planning, execution to reporting. Plan for project scope and timeline based on requirement and commit to the planed schedule. Compose audit report and present the results to data operations team and senior leaders.
• Maintain effective communication with equity data operations teams to understand project requirement, audit framework and principles.
• Retrospect and look for continuous process improvement
Education: Post-Graduate with good credentials and/or some progress on CFA will be desirable. Excellent knowledge of accounting principles & financial statements data is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.