Job Location: Bangalore
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
• Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN’S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Candidate will be part of the India Market data team reporting to the Team Lead – Sub Custody Finance (“SCF”). In this role, the Senior Analyst is responsible for various invoicing and monthly expense reporting activities, cash analysis, expense analysis and recurring monthly processes and procedures as required by the Team Lead. Activities must be conducted in full accordance to Northern Trust and SCF team related policies and procedures. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able to investigate, interpret and resolve issues. The person should be analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables. Individual is expected to be an expert in invoicing related skills and will remain focused primarily on daily execution of the team’s responsibilities.
1. Responsible for tracking and reviewing of Subcustody invoices.
2. Tracking TAT on invoices to SLAs
3. Respond to Subcustodian queries on daily basis and ensure details provided are accurate.
4. Review invoices data for quality and accuracy
5. Calculates and processes invoice adjustments.
6. Perform and review payment allocation and cash analysis on a daily basis.
7. Manage queries with nil escalations.
8. Provide timely responses with the ability to prioritize activities in ensuring 100% quality.
9. Actively participate and provide ideas for automations and process improvements.
10. Support Audit requirements.
11. Support the team leaders during updating of any process documents.
12. Perform monthly/quarterly/annual reporting process, preparing analyses and reports of results relative to prior year, prior month, and/or Plan focusing on key business factors driving financial performance.
13. Perform reconciliation activities on subcustody related GL expenses and B/S balances.
14. Review monthly metrics
15. Provides hands-on training for new staff and cross training for experienced staff.
1. Analytical and problem solving skills required to evaluate financial results.
2. Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary to present relevant information to team managers .
3. Strong personal computer (Word and PowerPoint) skills especially Excel are required to perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents.
4. Must have the ability multi-task and the willingness to learn new skills.
5. Capability to identify and streamline processes for efficiency
6. Understanding of day to day operations.
7. Good accounting and analytical skills acquired through experience in similar stream.
8. Ability to work with cross functional international team.
9. Render support to the team leaders as and when required.
1. Needs to have prior work experience 3 – 5 years and should be in the current process for more than 18 months.
2. Strong personal computer skills (Excel & Advance Excel) are desirable.
3. Ability to set and work towards specific goals and deadlines.