Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Chennai
ABOUT TECHNOLOGY @ OPORTUN
WORKING AT OPORTUN
ABOUT TECHNOLOGY @ OPORTUN
The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to delivering and maintaining performant, elegant, and intuitive systems to our business partners and retail customers. We work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure. We prove that FinTech is more fun, more challenging, and in our case, more rewarding as we build technology that changes our customers’ lives. Oportun serves customers in English and Spanish, online and over the phone in 29 states, and in-person at more than 330 retail locations in 9 of those states.
With the launch of the OPRT Development Center in India in December 2019, Oportun embraced a global approach to innovation. Our technology development center plays a critical role in developing and improving Oportun technology, analytics, and systems including technology for financial products, enhancing our customer experience and supporting our mobile servicing platform. Based in Chennai, the ODC is an essential building block of Oportun’s technology-driven business which we aim to grow into the hub of technology and innovation for Oportun, furthering our mission-based, technology-powered approach to providing inclusive, affordable, and empowering financial services.
Oportun is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. In this role you will play key part developing application/data processes and services for our customer data to support all our production applications, operation processes, data sciences and business intelligent data processing. Our team works with:
- Java and Python based micro-service and applications
- Relational data modeling and batch processing on SQL databases
- Distributed processing framework like Spark
- Streaming data platforms like Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Realtime stream processing frameworks like Spark Streaming, Flink or Kafka Stream
- Cloud computing systems like Amazon Web Services
- Big Data analytics tools like Hive or Spark SQL
- Design, develop and maintain scalable Java micro-service application and services to manage customer related data
- Work closely with product management, business, engineers, cross-functional analysts and data scientist
- Designing of new systems and redesigning of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, and newer technologies
- Demonstrates master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery from inception to final product.
- Recommends and contributes to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact.
- Takes accountability for the quality, total cost of ownership, maintainability and security of any component or application produced.
- Performs as an expert in all parts of the software development lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches other around such practices.
- Converses in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly.
- Ability to provide a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams which requires strong presentation skills and attention to details
- 4+years of experience working as a software engineer/solution architect
- 4+ years of experience with Java, SpringBoot, and Reactive Frameworks
- 3+ years of experience working within an Agile/Scrum and CI/CD environment
- Proficiency in developing applications with at least one compiled language (Java, C++, GoLang, Rust).
- Familiarity with messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis) as well as relational (MySQL/Postgres) and non-relational (Mongo, Cassandra, ElasticSearch) databases is a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development JUnit or TestNG frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with big data systems such as Hadoop, Spark is a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning and Statistical Frameworks is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL Database like MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Searching Technology like Solr is a plus
- Advertisement -
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company and digital platform that provides responsible consumer credit to hardworking people in the United States. Using A.I.-driven models that are built on years of proprietary customer insights and billions of unique data points, we have extended millions of loans and billions of dollars in affordable credit to consumers, the majority of whom live in low-and moderate-income communities. Since about half of our new customers come to Oportun without a FICO score, we play a key role in the communities we serve by being able to offer them an affordable and credit-building alternative to payday and auto title lenders. In recognition of our responsibly designed products which help consumers build their credit history, Oportun has been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
With headquarters in California and a remote-first corporate culture, our 3,000+ team members work in Oportun locations and remotely throughout the United States, Mexico, and India. Our global operations include our Mexico contact centers and administrative offices, our India technology development center, and our US corporate, technology, and retail operations.
We feel privileged to have been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for three years running, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2020 and recognized as a TIME Magazine 2018 Genius Company for our impact in helping to reinvent the future of lending. For the last three consecutive years, we have been titled Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization’s performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups and our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Council.
As a “remote-first” workplace, our team members live, work and collaborate from their homes, remote work locations and our offices and contact centers in the United States, Mexico, and India. No matter our location, we are dedicated to our mission to provide inclusive, affordable financial services that empower our customers to build a better future.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across India For Free