Job Location: VP, Data Science – Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The VP, Data Science at naviHealth, an Optum division, serving as the executive leader of the Data Science organization, will drive large-scale operational transformation and the predictions at the heart of naviHealth’s core products and services. The VP, Data Science is an expert on Data Science matters and possesses professional qualifications, e.g., statistics, computer science, etc. and will lead a highly visible team which is positioned for growth and is highly collaborative and passionate about Data Science.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversees the completion of analyses, models and other Data Science deliverables/assets while ensuring both their scientific rigor and utility in driving business value/results
- Develops, recommends and executes organizational strategies for capturing value from data, including its broad use in cases ranging from executive-level decision-making to day-to-day clinical service delivery
- Oversees a significant operating budget and ensuring a high return-on-investment for all Data Science investments while also allowing for creativity and self-directed innovation by the team
- Proactively identifies Data Science/analytic use cases throughout the organization and partners with cross-functional executives on value realization, i.e., problem-solving, opportunity-capture
- Recruits and develops a high-performing Data Science team that continues to meet and exceed the evolving needs of the company and remains at the forefront of the (professional/scientific) space
- Champions and fosters a culture of collaboration and performance on the Data Science team and cross-functionally
- Travel requirements: Limited domestic travel (<20%)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, physics or similar scientific or computational discipline
- Deep data science/advanced analytics experience, preferably with exposure to the healthcare industry
- Significant experience leading and managing an advanced data analytics team
- Proven and established professional expertise in applied statistical analysis, e.g., regression, cluster analysis, decision forests, etc.
- Expert level experience in data science and visualization development packages/toolkits such as Python, R, SAS and Tableau
- Master’s degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.