Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Washington, DC
Time Type: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Oracle Risk Assurance practice, within Information Technology Risk Assurance will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. The work revolves around creative problem solving and applying innovative technologies to enable strategies that increase the value of the applications that run our client’s business, mitigate risk and find operational inefficiencies. Our focus is on creating effective and efficient design for the most important business, security and compliance processes for our clients. We touch on aspects of application security, areas prone to fraud and financial misstatement, and streamline processes that are part of our client’s core business so they can get a higher return on this key investment. Using innovative, and proprietary technologies, we help to bridge the gap between business stakeholders, compliance functions and Information Technology teams to assist in understanding how to embrace new ways of working, while limiting their financial and operational risk profile. We use knowledge of financial system design, risk mitigation, business process design, data integrity, security and use of data analytics.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As an Intern / Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
Required Fields Of Study
Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
Additional Educational Requirements
The Women’s Consulting Experience (WCE) program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years Of Experience
Additional Educational Preferences
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Building relationships with diverse project teams as well as clients;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner & delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing & completing tasks;
- Contributing to a positive working environment & seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor proactively;
- Learning how the development and maintenance of digital solutions is governed via portfolio, program, and team management;
- Understanding risks and leading practices in project management, SDLCs, and agile techniques;
- Understanding end-to-end business processes across various ERP systems or cloud based solutions (Salesforce, SAP, Workday, Oracle and other industry-specific systems), document business requirements including compliance aspects, creating design documentation and process flows to assist in implementing security, controls, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions; and,
- Learning and applying data analytics techniques while utilizing problem solving skills to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses using a diverse set of technology applications and tools (i.e. Excel, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, etc).
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success promoting PwC’s culture of shared values and principles, exhibiting general awareness about global issues to identify & address client needs by
- Utilizing critical thinking that breaks down complex problems, understands root causes, and proposes viable solutions while maintaining quality;
- Working in collaborative and team based environment, delivering with diverse global client, PwC and third-party teams, and learning accounting principles and business processes;
- Learning how to evaluate, cleanse, design, and implement data models using data mining techniques; understand business intelligence and relational database concepts;
- Understanding big data objectives, concepts, and technologies such as Hadoop;
- Identifying and incorporating tools and techniques using technology applications (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, ACL, Access/Excel, Visual Basic, R, Python, SAS, Stata, Alteryx) and build reporting capabilities through data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, Einstein Analytics);
- Demonstrating knowledge of descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning principles, AI, robotic process automation (RPA), project management, software and solution implementation methodologies;
- Demonstrating interest to independently learn business processes and technologies, in particular, ERP, GRC and CRM solutions;
- Understanding various facets of business and/or IT processes, concepts of enterprise risk, internal controls, ERPs and CRMs, cloud solutions, corporate compliance and regulatory mandates, portfolio, program, and agile team management, technical aspects of information systems, financial reporting concepts, & systems development methodology; and,
- Exhibiting flexibility and desire to travel as client assignments require, and demonstrating oral and written communication skills.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryintern
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free