Job Location: Tucson, AZ
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $5K Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-On bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation, and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating
As an Early-Career Operations Research Analyst & Simulation Developer I, you will participate in challenging multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Signal Processing and Performance Simulation. You will participate in the design, development, and utilization of high-fidelity digital simulation software in advanced technical computing environments and contribute to system modeling and data analysis activities for the purposes of supporting new business, missile system design, performance assessment and flight tests according to the program schedule.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will participate in the development and implementation of model-based solutions to support mission trade studies and performance simulations and ensure they meet defined requirements and functions.
- You will contribute your knowledge of performance engineering practices, and procedures, to evaluate work across a wide range of intriguing computational problems.
- You will contribute and collaborate in a team environment, receiving inputs from the program or team experts, and work on diverse projects, determining and developing approaches and solutions.
- You will provide development support throughout the product lifecycle.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelors’ Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Science, Physics, or Mathematics and have less than (2) years of documented work and/or academic experience, with specific experience in the following areas:
- Applying software development processes and object-oriented design using C/C++
- Using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python
- Using numerical computing environments such as MATLAB
- Creating models and simulations (not solid modeling)
- Optimizing application performance
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters’ degree in Operations Research, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Math preferred
- Experience with statistical and data analysis and commercial data analysis software packages
- Experience using Unix or Linux computing environments
- Experience in Software requirements development
- Experience in Software design, integration, and test
- Experience communicating and interacting with government counterparts
- Experience with distributed simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA or TENA
- Experience with STL and Boost Libraries
- Experience in Military CONOPs
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree. Limited to some knowledge of RTX organization.
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.