Job Location: Lakeland, FL
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Note that if you are viewing this posting on an external job board (such as Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, etc.), unless specifically stated in the posting, the provided salary estimates may not be accurate as they are not provided by Saddle Creek. Our recruiters look forward to speaking with you about your background, skills, and compensation requirements.
What does a day in the life of a Logistics IS Trainee look like?
Our Logistics Information Systems (IS) Trainee program equips individuals with the knowledge needed to prosper within any area of the IS team. Each trainee will follow a detailed 2-6 month learning plan to gain hard and soft skills. As our new trainee, you will report to the leader of each team, giving you vast exposure to different leadership styles and types of IS work as you rotate. You will play a pivotal role in interacting with other enterprise systems to drive design and develop system improvements while contributing to the workplace and enhancing our culture.
2–6-month rotation varies per the needs of the department.
Service – desk trainees, will rotate with various service desk team members to learn aspects of level 1 support, such as setting up new users and asset management, all while building relationships.
Systems – trainee will regularly rotate between systems teams such as Transportation, Infor WMS, Integration, Softeon WMS, Business Intelligence, Order Management, Corporate Systems, and Database Management.
Security/infrastructure – trainee will rotate between our network, server, and security teams.
- 2–6-month rotation varies per the needs of the department
Department: I.S Corporate
Remote Option: No
What You Will Do…
- Provides specialized application support to users by analyzing, troubleshooting, documenting, and training for all assigned tasks relating to the [Systems]
- Monitor and support the current [System] environment
- Observing and training with experienced staff to learn about the standards, procedures, and methods used to be effective within each team
- Works independently or in collaboration with others to implement Information Technology solutions
- Assisting with the creation of documentation
- Participates in vendor communication regarding installations, problems, and resolutions
- Contacts internal clients, co-workers, and management and must at all times act as a professional representative of the department
- Assist with project-related assignments, including communicating project status and foreseen obstacles
- Plan, document, maintain and execute test scripts for application changes, upgrades, and patches within the tech lab for new and emerging tech
- And, because we know that you are going to be awesome, we might be able to assign other duties your way, allowing you to expand and grow within your career
What Sets You Apart…
- Perform with a “Whatever It Takes!” attitude in a team-oriented environment to accomplish desired results
- Ability to recognize problems and implement systems-based solutions
- Strong attention to detail for meeting specification requirements in quality, testing, and troubleshooting problems
- Possess strong analytics capabilities to manage varying levels of complexity
- A process improvement mentality to provide excellent technical and implementation support
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with varying work styles, personalities, and positions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, including overnight, weekends, holidays, and off-hours support
- Ability to use standard office products like Outlook, Word, Excel, and Visio
These areas can potentially move you up the application process but should not hold you back from applying.
We want applicants who strongly desire to learn and join our industry or continue to grow with our industry!
- Four Year Degree in a related field is a plus
- Experience or familiarity in the supply chain industry or general logistics knowledge
- IS-related certifications such as SQL, CompTIA, etc.
- Familiar with automation and warehouse technologies such as OMS, WES, WCS, or AMR platforms
- Prior internship or related experience
- Sound judgment, ability to analyze situations and information, good problem solving
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA and medical reimbursement
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 401(k) match
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employee assistance and identity theft protection
- Career development and opportunity for internal promotions
- Tuition reimbursement for further education
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
Saddle Creek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and existing associates and evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, color, religious creed, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, medical condition, military and veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, governmental regulations and executive orders. View the EEO is the Law poster here. View the EEO is the Law Supplement here. View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision here. View the E-Verify Posting here.
Saddle Creek is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know your contact information and the nature of your request.