Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Folsom, CA
Implements, and maintains data warehousing and data management processes and solutions to support business data, reporting, and analytical requirements. Integrates solutions across internal and 3rd party applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include building source system data ETL processes, verifying data accuracy, implementing, and maintaining data marts, data views, and data management processes within the data warehouse in support of goals and objectives set forth by senior management. Functions as the primary administrator for the Data Warehouse. Works autonomously to support data warehouse and business intelligence reports and analytics throughout the organization. Participates and manages projects within specialty areas. The role includes developing improvements in efficiencies with current integrations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES*
- Act as system administrator for Data Warehouse(s), including maintenance of user access, user security, creation of objects, monitoring of extract file loads, maintenance and setup of report schedules, maintenance of hierarchies, validation of data integrity, and creation of custom views and queries.
- Monitor and ensure operational stability of existing data pipelines
- Build, automate, and maintain ETL feeds for new and existing data sources.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for timely and effective issue resolution.
- Create business intelligence reports for business partners as needed.
- Implement and maintain data marts and data views within the data warehouse.
- Monitor databases and resolve issues to ensure data accuracy.
- Manage architectural issues and recommend alternatives, when appropriate.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve system problems; provide on-call support, as required.
- Facilitate installation of required upgrades and patches.
- Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
- Maintain required documentation and change control for data warehouse.
- Maintain standards of the data warehouse; monitor ETL server and databases, ensuring optimal performance.
- Ensure compliance for all data warehouse administration activities.
- Design and manage implementation of systems, meeting user specifications while adhering to prescribed standards.
- Monitor system details within the data warehouse, including stored procedures, and implement efficiency improvements. Schedule plans for all tasks, maintaining an effective database.
- Manage and collect business metadata and data integration points.
- Coordinate with business analysts and prepare data warehouse design for systems; analyze user requirements; prepare technical design specifications to address user needs.
- Perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development and maintenance.
- Prepare test scenarios and evaluate test results to validate accuracy of programs and procedures.
- Provide technical support and coordination during warehouse design, testing, and movement to production.
- Act as a liaison between engineers, programmers, and analysts.
- Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse.
- Document and/or revise projects and programs, according to installation standards.
- Implement business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Analyze processes in specialty areas to isolate and correct problems and improve workflow.
- Perform tests and maintain SQL Server databases, as required.
- Maintain an awareness of business intelligence trends, products, technical advances, and productivity tools that apply to the SAFE environment through vendor and third-party classes, self-study, and publications.
- Create and/or update programming and operating standards for use by programming staff.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of related data management engineering experience; or three (3) years of related data management experience
Certificates, licenses, registrations: *
Certifications in the following areas are preferred:
- Microsoft SQL
- Oracle Database
Technical Skills: *
- Maintain enterprise data warehouses and/or master data concepts and applications.
- Use Structured Query Languages to build, maintain, and extract data from relational databases
- Understanding of relational database structure, with the ability to maintain robust custom database schemas
- Administration and use of database (MSSQL/Oracle), ETL (SSIS/Informatica), and BI (SSRS/PowerBI)
- Basic knowledge of Java scripting, PC operations, and Python and/or R development.
- Use of release cycles and modern software development standards.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project and service requests.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work without constant supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong investigation, remediation, and reporting intuition
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build relationships with other leaders, business partners, and stakeholders.
- Must be customer service oriented to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time