Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2023 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada, beginning on May 22 nd and concluding on August 11 th , with 1 week off July 3 rd -7 th . You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you, working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company to better prepare you for a full-time career. Furthermore, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
STEP Program Benefits include:
- Paid, accredited internship with possibility of attaining college credit (:3 credits)
- Half days on Fridays
- Paid training sessions covering a wide variety of professional development topics – resume building, presentation skills, operational excellence, and more!
- Networking & mentoring opportunities with upper management/Senior Sponsors
Is this the internship opportunity for you?
- Are you innovative in ways to archive and retrieve data from multiple libraries?
- Do you seek to work for a company committed to positively impacting services that assists the Federal Government and the American public?
- Are you a self-starter, driven worker looking to make an impact in supporting the growth of a company?
If your answer to these questions is “Yes,” the Data Analytics Intern position is an excellent opportunity for you! By archiving and making data easily accessible, you will discover your place at Serco this summer and have a lasting impact on our business development organization.
Serco offers an exciting internship opportunity to our Executive-sponsored Environmental Social Governance (ESG) program, which is responsible for leading Serco’s commitment to positive contributions in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) domains. The Environmental Intern (ESG) will work out of our Herndon, VA headquarters on a hybrid schedule. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is innovative and driven by environmental stewardship.
At Serco, we take seriously our responsibility to make information easily assessable to the eight lines of businesses (BU). As we grow organically or through acquisition, information on our current and past performance is essential to properly position us to pursue new opportunities. We are committed to developing processes and procedures allowing the right information to be readily available and accessible from anywhere at any time. To align with that, Serco has developed a system call Serco WINS. As the Data Analytics Intern, you will focus your support on the archiving capabilities of Serco WINS.
Over the course of the summer, you will interface with both technical staff and business leaders (e.g., Directors and Vice Presidents) including the CEO and members of our Executive Management Team (EMT). You will report to Dawn Yarbrough, Director of Proposal Development and Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems.
- Work closely with Senior Leaders and report directly into the Director, Proposal Development and Operations.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred fields of study: Database Management or a related field of study.
- Ideal candidates are rising seniors or Spring 2023 graduates.
- This position is contingent upon your ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
This role is also suited for the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
If you are interested in furthering our archival capabilities that contributes to the growth of the business and working with a passionate, high-visibility team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco .
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected] .
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).