Job Location: Gallatin, TN
Servpro Industries, LLC, is a national leader of fire, water, mold, and other specialty cleanup and restoration services. With a professional services network of more than 1,900 franchises in the United States and Canada, SERVPRO quickly responds to property damage emergencies. These range from multimillion-dollar disasters to those suffered by individual businesses and homes. SERVPRO headquarters in Gallatin, Tennessee, is home to 400+ employees who are dedicated to supporting SERVPRO franchise operations. SERVPRO has been recognized by The Tennessean for its Top Workplace Award in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Servpro is excited to announce that it will be hiring a Data Scientist to join the Analytics team. This individual will focus on using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data to deliver business value across each of Servpro’s business functions. Additionally, this individual will own and drive key analytics solutions across every step of the project lifecycle: project scoping, execution, and operationalization.
Over the past year, we have focused on several priority analytics initiatives, such as market sizing, lead generation, job estimatics, and financial modeling. Our Data Scientists leverage modern statistical and geospatial processing tools in SQL, Python, and Tableau to build scalable infrastructure that drives key insights to stakeholders across our departments (Franchise Consulting, Marketing, Expansion, and National Accounts). Data Scientists have the unique benefit of playing a cross functional role in Servpro and contributing to priority transformation initiatives.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about data science and are intellectually curious. We find our work exciting and hope that you do as well.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels
- Develop and test heuristics
- Create and run statistical and Machine Learning models
- Perform data exploration and data mining
- Create business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data
- Ensure that all technical application artifacts are archived in vaults such as Github or Bitbucket
- Attend scheduled meetings for SERVPRO, Information Services, and the Analytics Team
- Complete the assigned initiative tasks assigned for the quarter in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in planning and prioritization sessions as required
- Provide other duties and functions as requested by management
At least 2 years of relevant Data Science or Data Engineering experience in a data-driven professional setting
Proficiency in multiple programming and querying languages, including Python and SQL
Experience with Data Visualization tools. Tableau experience preferred
Familiarity with big data analytical techniques and cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources, including json, xml, and geospatial
A strong intuition for analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
Excellence in balancing multiple projects and efficiently meet goals in a fast-paced environment
Strong written and verbal communication
Ability to work independently, as well as, on a team
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or management of information systems. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Fast-paced, high pressure office environment.
- Standard working hours based on a 40-hour work week.
- Additional working hours required as needed to complete testing assignments and projects on schedule.
- Minimal travel as required for business needs.
What we offer
- Excellent health benefits plan, which includes medical, vision and dental options
- 401(k) with company match
- Company profit sharing plan
- Generous vacation, paid time-off and paid holidays
- 2 free on-site fitness rooms with class options
- Weekly on-site massage therapist visits
- Personal and professional development programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- “Financial Wellness” education and training programs
SERVPRO is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.