Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Proficient in Data analysis. MS Azure, Data Lakes
- Understanding of Retail Site System Landscape, Point of Sales, Back-office system, Head-office system, and functional domains like NFR, Site Operation and Payments/ Settlements etc.
- Participates in team efforts to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Configures and documents software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Interacts with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate those solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners. Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects. Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust
- Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field especially Retail Business, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results. The job requires extensive knowledge of working on Retail Point of Sale, Back Office Sale and Integrations.
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- 6-8 yrs of experience with proficiency in Data analysis. MS Azure, Data Lakes
- Strong stakeholder management and requirements elicitation skillsets.
- Expert in working on the Retail Site System Landscape, having good understanding of POS, BOS, HOS and functional domains like NFR, Loyalty, Site Operation, Wet Stock Business, Payments/ Settlements and Fleets etc.
- Familiarity working with US site specific markets and exposure to the retail business.