Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world start and grow their business. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform with millions of merchants in more than 175 different countries, with solutions from point-of-sale and online commerce to financial, shipping logistics and marketing.
Data is a crucial part of Shopify’s mission to make commerce better for everyone. We organize and interpret petabytes of data to provide solutions for our merchants and stakeholders across the organization. From pipelines and schema design to machine learning products and decision support, data science at Shopify is a diverse role with many opportunities to positively impact our success.
We are looking for Data Science Managers to join our Finance Team. This team is responsible for supporting Financial forecasting and reporting at the Corporate level, partnering closely with Corporate Finance/FP&A; product orgs like Revenue and Growth, and other parts of Finance such as Accounting, Audit, etc.
What your role will look like:
- Assist Finance in a major automation/data rebuild project that will enable self-service by finance analysts, and reduce their dependence on data scientists
- Building a forecasting model and forecast that gives the starting point for strategic planning from the CEO on down
- Proactively identify and champion projects that solve complex problems across multiple domains
- Apply specialized skills and fundamental data science methods (e.g. experimental design, recommender systems and machine learning when needed) to inform improvements to our business
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines: work closely with stakeholders to build models, tables or schemas that support business processes
You will need to have:
- 7-10 years of commercial experience as in a data science role solving high impact business problems, including 3+ years leading and maintaining high performance data science teams
- Experience building and managing high performance data science teams
- Experience delivering business impact through analysis and data products
- Experience building data pipelines and driving ETL design decisions
- Technical leadership and management experience (you enjoy doing both). You can jump into the code to the level that your direct reports admire and respect, but are also interested in developing people and capacity for your team
- Experience creating data product strategies, shipping data products, iterating after launch, and trying again
- Extensive experience using Python including a strong grasp of object oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals
- Strong ability to prioritize and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences alike
It would be great if you have:
- Previous experience using Spark (either via Scala or Pyspark)
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis, shipping productionized machine learning systems or other advanced techniques are also welcome
- Experience with data storytelling using Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, D3, or similar data visualization tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shopify, and what drew you to the role.
As there are multiple positions, this posting will remain live until all positions have been filled. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us within 2 weeks of application.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.