Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Sleep Number Labs, a part of Sleep Number, is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of bringing people better health and well-being through the best possible sleep experience. Simply put, we aim to be the leader in sleep. We are looking for an individual for the Senior Director of Data Science that is responsible for driving data vision, strategy, and execution and ensuring that data science goals and technology investments are aligned with the business’s mission, strategy, and objectives.
- Drive data vision, strategy, and execution. Define how the business can create additional value through the development of algorithms and other utilization of its data assets and analytics. Drive alignment and support across the organization through collaboration, communication, and transparency.
- Oversee the data science department, inclusive of data science, algorithm development, data analytics, data engineering and data architecture roles necessary to build the data capabilities to efficiently derive value from data
- Build the business’s data science talent needs through role definition, recruitment, and development of a team of data scientists that will jointly move the business’s agenda forward
- Play a mentorship role to key data science positions, guiding them through the execution of their duties, and encouraging their professional growth
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and prioritize data science use cases that support the company’s imperatives and objectives and improve customers’ experiences
- Create the process to identify, prioritize, define, and execute data science projects and create transfer mechanisms such as reports, visualizations, requirements, or tools
- Work with product management and engineering stakeholders to define a process around data instrumentation
- Build out a modern data platform that meets the core data provisioning needs of the organization’s data consumers
- Define and support business intelligence and analytics needs
- Create the process and capabilities to feed actionable insights back into departments for continued learning, iteration, and action
- Identify opportunities for data-driven applications that could measurably improve the customer experience and the business’s efficiency through automation and machine learning
- Define the company’s strategy for data distribution
- Free up resources, lower barriers, and increase productivity through process
- Insert data requirements into technology choices and investment decisions
- Participate in defining cross-functional data governance
- Build bridges between business and engineering stakeholders
- Identify and provide tools and training to help others leverage data
- Train and inspire stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage data science and simulations
- 7+ years of work experience in a Data Science domain
- 4+ years experience in people management and team leadership
- Experience in the digital healthcare industry
- Experience building and leading data science practices and evangelizing/advocating for data science value across the business and to diverse audiences
- Expertise in data science, modeling, machine learning, and analytics. Experience successfully deriving insights from data, modeling, and simulation into actionable algorithms that drive business value. Expertise in big data technology infrastructure and environments coupled with business process.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and convincingly with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to align cross-functional groups and influence business executives and stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of data and how to apply that data; business acumen to understand what needs to happen in order to support business objectives; technology skills to select the right tools and techniques to execute on objectives; communication skills to get the buy-in needed to get everyone else pulling in the same direction
- Be a result-driven individual; be highly creative, innovative, and analytical; be a strategic thinker; have an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting; be comfortable working with business top-leadership and executives; be highly organized; have an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines; have the ability to navigate times of uncertainty and stress; be a team-builder; be proactive and self-driven requiring minimal supervision; be open and welcoming to change
- Knowledge of sleep science
- Knowledge of sleep research
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or another related field. Advanced degree (PhD, MS) preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience is also acceptable for the position.
Our company’s purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase – it’s a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep – Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical – Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional – Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial – Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community – Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career – Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.