Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient, and more connected.
We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we’re an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets. So, whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Working with functional leaders to capture data requirements and key indicators that are required to increase efficiency, profitability, and growth. Defining new data collection and analysis processes. Embed analytical process in organizational decision making, descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analytics to drive better business outcomes. Working with functions such as Service, Operations, R&D & Innovation support in interpreting data and driving decision making. Working within Smiths BIS helping to drive the adoption of a centralized standard of analytics solutions across Smiths Group and its divisions. Working as a resolver group and part of Smiths BIS – designing innovative analytics solutions as part of the “Data Analytical Team”. Roll out business solutions that enable Smiths to achieve the ‘minimum capability’ vision set by the Director of Applications and Analytics. Help to build and maintain operating models that optimize onshore and offshore resourcing to create the maximum value for Smiths Group. (Known internally as Strategic Managed Services)
Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Collecting, analyzing, and developing KPI’s to identify key insights such as trends, potential risks, opportunities
- Communicating insights to stake holders, summarizing, and delivering content optimal for business decision making
- Responsible for maintaining and helping to design / develop analytical tools and models within Smiths BIS
- Responsible for maintaining integration of data sources with existing Smiths tools and processes
- Help to build, test and deliver new analytics / models using the new data sets as required to underpin each use case
- Ensure each analytics solution meets the business requirements and delivery business insight from the data
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+years of experience in Power BI, SQL, & Azure.
- Good knowledge of SQL language and simple analysis techniques to profile data.
- A good understanding of data Security and privacy technologies.
- Experience in working with offshore and onshore support model.
- Experience in working with information technology.
- Experience of collation, interpretation, and analysis of multiple sources of data.
- Business functional knowledge – able to work with Business SMEs to relate the process to the underlying data.
- ERP experience and implementations (nice to have).
- Cloud BI experience could be an asset.
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills.
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing.