Job Location: Bangalore
- Analyze, organize and process raw data using Bigdata technologies and Java
- Perform data validation, cleaning and transformation using Big data technologies, Spark and Java
- Ingest and manage data in HDFS/Hive and analyze data using Spark and produce meaningful insights for the business team
- Combine raw information from different sources, Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Involvement in design reviews and code reviews
- Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as Continuous delivery and Clean coding principles
- Help business operations team with data samples to create proof of concepts
- Ensure the new data sets are feeding the Business Intelligence setup(Tableau)
- Liaise with PO to ensure subjects are getting prioritized, Communicate to PO about progress and potential issues
- 7 to 10 years of expertise and hands on experience in Java, Spark and Big data technologies
- Good working experience in JAVA and object oriented concepts
- Good working experience in HDFS, Spark, Hive
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and partitioning techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL database
- Prior experience working with CI/CD tools (Maven, Git, Jenkins)
- Strong communication and coordination skills with multiple stake holders. Assess existing situation, propose and follow up improvement’s actions
- Good team spirit, ability to work in international/intercultural environments (lots of interactions with onsite stake holders)
- Professional attitude: Self-motivated, fast learner, team player, independent
- Knowledge on Tableau server will be added advantage
Why join us
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.