Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
Responsible for development of technical analysis and design, new programming, modifications, scheduling, tuning, testing and maintenance of systems in support of new and existing Business Intelligence(BI) and other projects.
- Consult with client groups to assess user needs and requirements.
- Perform data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) tools (such as OBIEE, Tableau, Incorta) involving complex Data structures.
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for BI initiatives.
- Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in Quality Control testing. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Meticulously build BI applications following software methodologies defined.
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements.
- Monitor Dashboard Reporting and Presentation Layer functioning and performance and pro-actively fix issues as found. Support the performance of systems.
- Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing. Provide operational support on failures and outages.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in IT/computer science or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Basic programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advance SQL query language.
- Strong in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Expertise and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in OBIEE/OAS tool. Should be able to understand requirements, design and develop RPD, user-friendly self-serve Adhoc layer and Dashboard Reporting solutions. Should have experience working in MUDE environment.
- Knowledge in ETL and be able to debug data issues.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems with right solutions.
- Analytical capabilities to slice and dice data and display data in reports for best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to follow Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and should be able to work under any project management methodologies used.
- Ability to follow best practices and standards.
- Ability to identify BI application performance bottlenecks and tune.
- Ability to programmatically process data in flat files, transform and load into Data warehouse OR use as source in Reporting tool.
- Quick learner of any new technologies OR business processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Stanford and/or Redwood City campus.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**We are not able to provide sponsorship for this position. No relocation reimbursement provided. Bay Area Local candidates are preferred. It is on-site job and selected candidate will be working from one of the Stanford University work location. We are temporarily working remote due to COVID situation**