Job Location: Fishers, IN
STANLEY Electronic Security is a trusted partner for security around the globe protecting over 700,000 buildings in 27 countries on 6 continents. STANLEY Security has solutions to protect people, safeguard assets, secure networks and manage operations. With over 9000 employees, 3500 technicians and 18 monitoring centers, STANLEY Security is a best-in-class provider of frictionless and intuitive health and safety systems for our customers.
STANLEY Electronic Security is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to support and provide expertise in data ingestion, wrangling, cleansing, visualization, analysis and reporting technologies. In this role you will work with relational and unstructured data formats to create analytics-ready datasets for user friendly analytic solutions that identifies and aggregates data elements into decision models and other analytical support tools.
- Hands-on data engineer role building pipelines for IoT data, in an AWS SDLF (Serverless Data Lake Framework).
- Using programming skills to dive into areas of business that do not have existing pipelines.
- Work in collaboration with other engineers, architects, scientists, and product managers to build high scale commercial offerings.
- Continuously evaluate and identify improvements in the system processes and architecture.
- Assist in maintaining data quality and fidelity in production systems.
- Participate in Agile planning around data feature requests and advocate for the best data engineering projects in priority planning.
- Bachelor s degree in technical discipline
- 2+ years managing the development and implementation of data pipelines
- Post Grad Degree with a data or Computer science focus
- Experience with data ingestion, mining, wrangling, and cleansing (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, MATLAB, Minitab, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture design, and leveraging large-scale data ingest from complex data sources, via tools such as MySQL, erwin, etc.
- Experience with AWS Cloud based solutions is a plus. Other cloud computing systems also acceptable, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, especially MS-SQL, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of data storage options (On-Prem, Hybrid, Cloud, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of analysis tools such as Python, Shell scripting, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Periscope, Metabase, Jupyter, Oracle Analytics, R, Etc
- Experience in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Familiar with software development inside of a SAFe Agile methodology
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.