Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
- The data engineer will engage with stakeholders to understand the data requirements .
- The data engineer will identify sources and destination of data and identify the appropriate data transformations required.
- They will ensure that the appropriate systems of record are being used for source data.
- In this regard, it is expected that they will be knowledgeable of specific data domains.
- They will pick the appropriate data movement mechanism.
- They will build the ETLs and/or data pipelines.
- They automate this process and ensure the appropriate backups and high availability mechanisms exist.
- They will ensure the appropriate alerting mechanisms exist in the event of failure.
- It is expected that data engineers will be able to tune the performance of the data movement mechanism so that it meets business operational needs.
- They may design target data models, if none exist at the destination.
- Because of this it is expected that our data engineers have experience with data models like relational schema design and start schema.
- We work in a cloud environment and our data engineers are expected to be able to do platform engineering and architecture to support machine learning operations when required.
- Because, we have a high volume of data requests, our data engineers also assist with data queries and dashboarding using tools such as Tableau and PowerBI.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical data requirements
- Experience with data in a particular domain (ex. Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of an ETL , data pipeline tool (FiveTran preferred)
- 2 years of experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of SPARK/EMR
- Expert knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with data modeling (using relational models and Star Schema)
- Experience with Data preparation, transformation and processing techniques at scale
- Tuning and automation of data pipelines handling large volumes of data
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and tools (GLUE, Lambda etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- 2 years experience with Machine Learning Operations in the AWS environment
- Experience tuning SQL queries
Required Education, Business and Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree from a reputable institution (BS. Computer Science preferred)
Nice to Have Education, Business and Technical skills and Experience:
- Consulting Experience with a premier consulting firm
- Knowledge of Machine Learning
- General aptitude for Software development
- Previous experience as a Database administrator