Job Location: United States
About The Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family , we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Deep Learning Research Software Engineer Intern or Co-Op to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of machine learning algorithms for our self-driving vehicles.
Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Propose novel approaches for unsolved research problems in autonomy
- Research machine learning and deep learning algorithms and methods for improvement
- Ability to apply deep learning with segmentation tasks
- Familiarity in domain adaptation / model interpretability is a plus
- Experience using AWS for training
- Coordinate with other engineers and technical experts in developing machine learning algorithms from collected data
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week during the duration of their co-op.
Torc Internships and Co-Ops provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is all about. Our goal is to enable Interns and Co-Ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- PhD Candidates with research experience in the Autonomous field
- 0-2 years of Machine Learning/Vision Algorithms/Deep Learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms: TensorFlow, Pytorch