Job Location: Hyderabad/Secunderabad
- We are looking for a skilled Data Analyst to join our FinTech – Data Analytics team at Uber, Hyderabad to support our downstream Financial systems. In this role, you will get an incredible opportunity to use analytics and science to get insights from financial data, help develop our financial reporting systems, detect anomalies in data, and streamline reporting of various financial metrics.
- You will work closely with senior leaders in Finance, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and other partners on fast-moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to complete key business priorities is a must for this role (financial knowledge is not expected to apply but is a plus).
- Your performance is measured by the insights you give, the effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Finance, engineering, product, data science, and other business partners in the mining and analyzing of financial and transaction-level data to extract key trends and insights.
- Build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
- Automate manual processes and reconciliations.
- Understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, and grasps the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
- Build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances; investigate and resolve data discrepancies between systems.
- Explore FinTech systems/data to proactively identify and initiate process improvements for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Plan and lead complex projects, prioritize tasks and manage stakeholder expectations appropriately
- Be a trusted advisor to finance and Product leadership.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.
- Get a deep understanding of the FinTech systems and data flows involved; document and train internal personnel to institutionalize the learnings of the data analytics practice.
What You’ll Need :
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience is required, and if
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings/takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Experience with either Python or R
- Experience working on analytics in accounting, finance areas
Proven proficiency toward data storytelling and root cause Analysis using data
- Ability to build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances
- Ability to understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, as well as the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
- Advertisement -