Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
This is an approximate 3 to 6 month internship. Non-benefitted. Daytime hours, about 20 hours per week. The position is considered Hybrid, meaning, some days are on-site in our SLC, UT offices.
Ideal candidate will be currently pursuing a degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field.
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
The internship is designed to give a master’s level student exposure to the inner workings of our healthcare organization. This learning opportunity is intended to refine the individual’s analytical, technical, decision-making, interpersonal and managerial skills through project work while providing broad exposure to healthcare issues within the hospital and medical foundation.
This position is not responsible for providing care to patients.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our five hospitals and eleven clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
- Participates and leads ongoing planning and execution of internship projects.
- Obtains, analyzes, synthesizes and interprets industry and institutional data.
- Performs independent analysis of industry models to synthesize and recommend best practice.
- May prepare and deliver presentations.
- Presents, communicates and disseminates findings.
- Maintains a current knowledge of emerging healthcare challenges facing hospitals and healthcare systems nationally.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated superior communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be highly innovative and independent in daily decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, a health field, a related field, or equivalency.
- Current enrollment in Master’s degree program related to healthcare, business, public health, or IT..
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Master in Public Health.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free