Job Location: Chennai
* What You’ll Do?
We are seeking extremely smart & independent developers who are gung ho about building large-scale systems that are going to have a big impact on millions of customers.
- Build large scale, highly available, fault-tolerant data analytics platforms & data
pipelines that horizontally scale and can support advanced analytics including
modeling and machine learning
- Lead design and development of products working closely with business team
- Independently own components and co-own applications with a small team of
- Formally mentor junior software engineers on the team, reviewing design
documents, (peer) reviewing code, providing design direction and guidance
- Establish strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption
Who You Need To Be?
- 2+ years experience in software product development and delivery
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering (preferably computer science or
- All experience should be from good product development or e-commerce
- Must have shown good stability in all your previous associations.
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals like OS, algorithms, and excellent problem-
- Prior experience in building and supporting highly scalable & resilient
databases, warehouses, data pipelines, etc and co-ordination with data
scientists in consumption for analytics
- Have strong backend knowledge and cloud development exposure
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Java, Spring boot, Hibernate, REST API
- Worked with at least 1 RDBMS (MySQL preferred), 1 NoSQL DB, and 1 scripting
language (Python preferred).
- Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, MapReduce, Bigtable, Cassandra,
Scala etc. are technologies you have either used or are very comfortable picking up
- Very comfortable with data lakes, warehouses, and ETL/ELT paradigms
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis, mathematical modeling, and machine
- Have used or are very hands-on with Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes,
Gradle/Ant, Kafka, GIT/bitbucket in an agile workplace
- Develop high-quality code with strong unit/integration tests. Comfort with
test-driven development is a plus.
- Comfortable with exploring proven open-source tech stacks like Grafana,
Kibana, Jira, Prometheus, caches like Redis/Memcached, task queues like celery,
to name a few
- Knowledge of the AWS data pipeline stack (Athena, S3, Glue data catalog, etc.) will
be a good plus
****************************** Pre-requisites ******************************
- You need to have at least 2-5 years of Hands-on Data Engineer experience
- You need to have 2 years of relevant experience in Spark, AWS (Glue, Athena), Cassandra
- Prior BFSI vertical experience would be a plus
- Your profile will be selected only if you meet points 1, 2 and 3