Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for all data repository and develop metrics to analyse pertinent
information and share insights through various reports, dashboards on sustainable basis.
- Deep-dive into data trends to identify root causes and improvement opportunities.
- Identify trends, patterns and concerns emerging from data and highlight the same to management, with
recommendations in a clear, concise manner to enable smooth and quick decision making.
- Data validation and attention to detail is required as this role will be accountable for quality of all the
numbers delivered through dashboards or otherwise.
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve individual, team and organizational objectives, sharing
knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with marketing team to enable decision support and key customer insights through data
analysis, modelling, and exploration.
- Use quantitative data gathered from customer database and web analytics tools to develop an
understanding of customer behavior.
- Apply statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations and
- Ensure data collection is optimized to provide crystal-clear visibility into the past, present, and future
behaviors of our customers.
- Using data to flag risks and opportunities and devising a strategy to improve.
Required Technical Skills:
- Must be proficient in Google Analytics.
- Strong experience in building complex SQL queries.
- Advanced Excel, Create Pivots. Ability to write macros is preferred.
- Experience in building complex MIS and dashboards in any BI tool.
- Good analytical skills and ability to understand business requirement and related metrics, ability to
create definitions, ability to slice and dice data.
Required Behavioral Skills:
- String analytical bent of mind.
- Should be result & detailed oriented and must have ability to multitask and work under pressure with
minimum supervision in the fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-driven, who can proactively provide regular updates, volunteer to improve the general data
- Proficient in Verbal and Written Communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with
fellow analysts and management.
- Should be a quick learner with ability to learn new tools/technology quickly.
- Understanding of ecommerce business (preferred but not mandatory).
- Bachelors Degree in engineering from top institute/college – IIT, NIT, BITS Pilani etc.
- Certification courses in Analytics will be an added advantage.