Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
As an Associate Director, you will be leading a team focused on a specific charter driving business value across multiple programs within a particular domain with people managers and senior data scientists reporting directly to you. The AI capabilities will include predictive, prescriptive and adaptive applications for all predictions and inferences at Verizon along with modular components or core capabilities that can foster reuse in the team. Models will typically get implemented on premise, in cloud and / or on the edge and in both real-time and batch mode depending upon the business applications.
- Building a diverse team with a strong leadership pipeline and an inclusive culture and also attract and retain top data science and AI talent.
- Contributing to driving world class employee satisfaction through the implementation of relevant organizational initiatives that build on employee commitment.
- Mentoring and guiding Senior Data Scientists and people leaders.
- Defining the objectives and targets for key results to drive an outcome oriented practice.
- Enabling career development via access to training resources, on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Creating the strategy for the problem space in line with the overall vision of the organization and the key feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing generalized AI solutions that addresses several business outcomes across a problem space.
- Serving as a technical thought leader and advisor to the organization.
- Aligning with business partners to enable your team to design, develop, and deploy large-scale AI products with closed loop optimization in a production environment.
- Establishing best practices and governance routines to ensure adherence to model management practices, peer reviews, and compliance to our policy standards for privacy, ethics and bias.
- Staying informed on the latest advancements in AI and technology space, finding ways to deliver value by applying and customizing these to our specific problem space.
- Fostering an innovation culture where our scientists are engaged in pioneering work that can be shared with the world in a number of ways like inventions, open source, publications, etc.
- Inspiring our team to create monetizable AI applications that can be leveraged both within Verizon and externally with Verizon’s partners.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You are a dynamic leader with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership along with experience in implementation of AI in commercial applications driving business value and is proud to be a practitioner. You are constantly challenging the status quo and identifying new innovative ways to drive your team towards new ways of working that creates efficiencies.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading and building data science teams and talent.
- Experience in delivering business outcomes in large and complex business organizations or fast-growing start up businesses.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics.
- knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and models.
- Experience in Hadoop, AWS/GCP/Azure or other distributed compute services and cloud environments.
- Experience in data structures, data modelling and software architecture.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills & Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and strategic thinking, leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate complex model designs and outcomes in business terms to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to convert vision into strategy and create an execution plan.
- Ability to explain both the code and the underlying math used in algorithms / models.
- Experience in python, java, R, etc.
- Knowledge of AI/ML models, frameworks (keras, pytorch, etc.) and libraries/packages/apis (e.g., scikit).
- Ability to showcase evidence of exceptional ability in AI/ML and also showcase decisive leadership.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Please note, in countries where there is a COVID-19 related government order or rule, Verizon is required to ensure that all employees accessing our workplace comply with these mandatory requirements. If you work in one of these locations, you will be required to provide us with your vaccination status prior to joining. If this, or any other COVID related requirement applies in your location, we will notify you about this before you start work.